Tuesday 15 April 2014

First Ever Mac Purchase

As some of you may know, yesterday, me and a few friends took the bus in to Limerick and spent the day shopping. When we were there, we went to Brown Thomas which is, for anyone that doesn't know it, a huge department store that sells many different expensive brands of make up. My friend was going to do that thing where you bring in 6 empty foundation bottles and get a free lipstick. As soon as we walked in the door, I got way too excited. 
 
As I spend most of my time watching beauty You Tuber's and reading beauty blogs, I instantly saw about 7 things that I wanted to buy from all different brands. This overwhelmed me a bit. I then immediately decided I HAD to buy something. Then I was hit by the fact that, if I wanted to buy something, I would have to ASK for it off someone who worked there. This, in my mind, was terrifying. I don't know about you but I feel really awkward in these situations. It's not as if you can just pick up the thing you want and go straight to the till. Everything is on stands and you can swatch things if you like but in order to buy it, you have to ask someone who works there. This scared me for a number of reasons ; 1. I didn't want to come across as a little girl who knew nothing about make up. 2. I didn't want to bother the ladies who worked there and 3. Seeing as I have never bought any high end make up, I didn't really know how the process worked.
 
At this point, I had already decided that I wanted to buy the Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation. I could afford it and I'd read a few blog posts that had raved about how good it was. That part was easy. Now I had to work out what shade I was.
 
 
I frantically started picking up bottles and searching for where it said the shade. This took me a good few minutes. Seeing as I'm freakishly pale, I wanted to make sure the shade was light enough. When I found what I thought was the lightest shade, a woman approached me and asked did I need any help. I then just thought "Ok, this is silly, just let her help you pick the right shade."
 
Well, I'm so glad I did. The woman was so helpful and really lovely. She started telling me stuff about the foundation and helped me find the right shade. She also swatched a bit on my hand and offered to apply it to my whole face. As I was on a tight schedule and already had a full face of make up on, I politely declined. We also came to the conclusion that I should get NW15 because of my "fair skin tone". She was so nice and didn't make me feel stupid or insignificant at all.
 
 
I thought I'd share this little moment with you as, firstly, this is a big deal for me. I bought my first Mac product. This, in my opinion, is something I'll remember for ages and is, hopefully, the first of many trips to Brown Thomas. Secondly, I think my experience will help other girls who, like me, love make up but aren't used to buying these expensive brands. I am also glad that I can now go in to places like Brown Thomas and buy high end make up without feeling scared.
 
I haven't even tried the foundation yet. I got it yesterday but my foundation brush was dirty and I was not going to apply Mac foundation with a dirty brush! I am not that kind of girl. So, my foundation brush is now drying nicely and I shall try the foundation tomorrow. I can't wait! It looks so pretty!
 
So, that's it from me. Tell me in the comments if you ever experienced these kinds of situations or if you found this post in anyway helpful. Also, feel free to follow my blog. Would mean a lot. I'm gonna do a post showing the other stuff I got as well. Hope you enjoyed. Bye! x

No comments:

Post a Comment