Monday 28 April 2014

Spending Moolah..

I feel this blog post is sort of late due to the fact I bought this all a week ago. I kind of got excited with trying to blog about my first Mac purchase, I kinda forgot to show you the rest! For my friends birthday, we all took a trip in to Limerick and had a looksie around the shops and I ended up buying some things. I didn't buy that much but I thought I'd show you and I hope you enjoy.




The first place we went was Penneys (Primark). Let me just say, I was so disapointed! I was battling with my self all morning trying to decide whether to buy make up or clothes (this may sound weird but I get excited and only spurge on either make up or clothes. I get way too excited in the first shop I go into. I have no self control) and as soon as I went inside I saw NOTHING I wanted. This is unbelievabley rare. It wasn't just me. My friends couldn't see much either. The selection of clothes was horrible. I'm really disapointed thaat I didn't get any clothing but oh well I still got some nice things. I picked up some Batiste Dry Shampoo which I just couldn't leave. I'd been using Tresemme Dry Shampoo before that but I missed the volume and messy look that you achieve with Batiste.I was also in need of a small but spacious make up bag that I could keep in either my school bag or hand bag and I found this really cute navy one with roses on it and I just thought it was too cute to leave. I then picked up these really nice black sunglasses. I have a pair that are kind of the same style except their pink and floral and I've noticed in passing weeks they go with nothing. So, I got these black ones as the sun has made an appearance here in Ireland recently and they seem to go with everything. Now, at this point, I didn't think I was going to buy anything else and I made my way to the till. However, I got sucked into the impulse buyers section. For anyone that doesn't know what I'm talking about, I mean that long shelf that runs parallel to the queue for the till. The pretty colours catch your eye and you get way too excited and your debating whether or not to buy it but then the queue is moving and you don't want to hold up the line and it all becomes too much! That's when people like me snap and buy something! This is where I bought my little pot of Carmex and fluffy socks. You all know how much I love Carmex lip balm and I didn't have it in the pot form. Although in the heat of the moment, I accidentally bought cherry flavour. I hate cherry's but that's what I get for impulse buying. I have no explanation for the fluffy socks. They looked soft so I bought them. End of story.



We then ventured in to Boots. Can I just say the Boots in Limerick City is shit. They have really bad selection and only have a few make up brands so we also went into the Boots in the Crescent Shopping Center which is way better. I first bought the Toni and Guy Cleanse and Nourish Shampoo and Conditioner for Damaged Hair. I love these. I bought mini bottles of these a few months back when I was going to Germany to sort of test out the band and I absolutely love them. They leave your hair feeling really soft and shiny and make your hair look really healthy. They also had a 3 for 2 on Toni and Guy products so I also picked up the Firm Hold Hairspray. Again, I had bought a mini one a few months back and loved it. I don't usually get excited by hairspray because I hate having rock hard hair and most hairsprays leave my hair feeling disgusting. But this one is nice as it doesn't make my hair feel crunchy but still feels like theirs something in my hair. I then bought my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. You all know I love this concealer so much, it's been mentioned on here before. The only flaw I had with this concealer was that the lightest shade was too dark for my skin. However, they have now changed around the shades so I picked up the shade 1 which is fair. This matches my skin perfectly! I don't know if they just renamed the shades but I'm almost positive they developed a lighter shade. Thank God! While I was there, I also picked up a Revlon Lip Butter in the shade Tutti Frutti. I heard a lot of people raving about them and wanted to give them ago. For anyone that doesn't know what these are, they're pretty much a lip balm and lipstick in one. They are so moisturising but they are also really pigmented. I quite like blending these in with my fingers to make it look a bit more natural. The colour Tutti Frutti is also a really pretty orange and I'd recommend the lip butters to anyone that likes a bit of colour but isn't quite confident enough to wear a lipstick.

We then popped into H&M. As it's my brothers communion in a week, I was on the look out for a nice dress. My friend spotted this and told me I had to try it on. It usually wouldn't be my style but when I tried it on, I fell in love with it. I feel like it suited my figure really well and I love the dip at the back. It may look really boring but with some accessories I think it will look really nice. It's a plain grey skater dress with tiny black horizontal lines on it. I'm gonna blog me wearing it soon so keep an eye out.





So that's everything I bought. I hope you enjoyed! Also leave me a comment telling me what I should wear with the dress as I'm really bad at accessorizing. That t'would be helpful! 

Toodle Pip!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment