Wednesday 19 February 2014

Short Shopping Splurge


As some of you might know from my Instagram (Kaylsie1704 if you don't follow me already!), the other day, I went to town with my friends and ended up buying some bits and bobs. I hadn't bought makeup in several weeks so I got a little excited (not too excited!). Some of this stuff is stuff that I've wanted for a while know, some was some nice stuff I stumbled upon while browsing the shelves and  others were a complete find that got me way too excited!


The first thing I bought was this NYC Individual Eyes Palette in the shade 945 Midtown Mauve. This palette just looked so pretty when I first saw it! It has a pale matte white, a shimmery brown, a pale shimmery pink and a very dark shimmery brown.  The colours just looked so wearable and looked like a nice change to all my neutral eye shadows. Also, it comes with a primer and an illuminator and it tells you where each colour should go. I'm gonna be honest and say I have no idea what an illuminator is (is it the same as a highlighter?). I should really know seeing as I have a beauty blog but oh well!


I then bought the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer and I got that in the shade 15. I recently ran out of my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer which is defiantly my Go To concealer but as I live no where near a Boots, I opted for something that would be easier to get my hands on. I heard good things about it and thought I would give it a go.


I also bought a NYC Cheek Glow in 651 Riverside Rose. It may shock some but I don't own any blushers. Ya, I know! Shocker! Its just I have no idea how to apply it and I never saw any cheap ones that looked any good. However, I am determined to learn how to wear blusher! It shall be done!(Also I just realised, while rooting through my make up bag moments ago, I accidently took my friends blusher when I left her house this morning...I found two in my bag. That was my first clue! Kirsty, if you're reading this, I'm sorry!)


My next purchase was an Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil in 02 Hot Chocolate. I've never been a fan of Essence. I always find there make up to be really cheap and crappy. However, there eyeliners are amazing. They're really cheap and are so pigmented. There is nothing worse than an eyeliner that tugs on your eyes when you apply. I also got it in a brown so I would have an alternative to black everyday.


I then bought this Catrice Eye Brow Stylist in 010 Blond But Brow'd. I really wanted an eye brow pencil as they seem so handy. I've always filled in my brows with eye shadow but I think this pencil will be a lot quicker and more portable. Plus, this one came with a little eyebrow comb at the end which is really handy and can make your brows look more natural.


My last purchase was a complete accident on my way home in Tescos. It is the L'Oreal Paris Line Studio New #TXT [Texture Styling] Volume Supersizing Spray. Now that is a mouth full! I love volumised hair and it infuriates me when my hair is flat. However, I really hate back-combing my hair! It just feels awful in my hair and makes my hair feel like its full of knots. So this product seemed like a good alternative, as it's supposed to give "Back-Combed Volume". Let's hope so! I also watched Zoella review this, which made me want to get it even more!

I didn't buy THAT much, I just wanted to get a few bits to keep me going until I go to Boots in about a months time. Even though I love them all already, I have in no way used them enough in the last day to give a fair review.  I'm sure these products will appear in my blog in the next few weeks anyway, once I've given them a chance to work their magic!
Toodle Pip!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment