Friday 3 January 2014

Bold Lip Day

Have you ever woken up and just thought "Should I try something different with my make up today?" I realised when I woke up that I'm not going anywhere special, only my family will see me, why not just try something new? So I opted for a bold lipstick today. A tad out of my comfort zone but sure what the hell. I have tons of dark red lipsticks but rarely have time to actually wear them. I obviously can't wear red lips to school and sometimes I think I'll look like a freak wearing dark lips around town on a Saturday, as no other girls in my town do. When I get like this, I just think to myself, "Who cares?" I shouldn't have to worry about looking like a freak, if I'm comfortable with what I put on my face then it shouldn't bother anyone else. Right?

I usually wear a flick of liquid liner, lots of mascara and a pale cream eye-shadow with some dark tones blended into my crease. Probably with a nude lip. I really enjoy wearing dark lips when I'm going somewhere special or when I leave town. I wouldn't dare in my local area as I'd be worried of the looks I'd be getting. However, today I just went for it and wore a new lipstick I got for Christmas. And I love it! I really think it suits me and I'll be wearing it a lot more often. Life's to short to care what other people think.


The products I used on my face are :


  • Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation in 100 Ivory
  • Avon True Colour 6 in 1 Chic Glamour Eye-shadow Palette on my eyebrows
  • Rimmel London Eye-shadow in 140 Precious Rose
  • Avon True Colour Mocha Latte Eye-shadow Palette in my crease
  • Rimmel London Exaggerate Eye Liner 
  • Maybelline New York "The Falsies" mascara
  • NYC Big Bold Curl mascara
  • Cosmetic Lasting Perfection Concealer 
  • Rimmel London Stay Matte powder in 005 Silky Beige
  • Bourjois Bronzing Powder in 52
  • Max Factor Smoky Eye Effect as a highlighter in my tear-ducts and on my brow bone
  • Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 477 Black Cherry
Sorry if the photos are crappy, still getting used to taking pics of myself. This is currently what I use on my face everyday, normally without the dark lips though. I love this old fashioned dark lip with the flick of eyeliner. I actually ended up having to go into town after all and it was all fine .The world didn't impload! I was freaking out over nothing. If you ever get like this, like me, just remember at the end of the day do what makes you happy and don't spend your life worrying about what other people think. 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment